Autumn Feather Wreath DIY
Welcome your Thanksgiving guests with a festive, harvest themed wreath. This autumn feather wreath DIY is simple to create but really makes a statement at the front door. The wreath is pretty and elegant, and who doesn’t love feathers?
Materials for the Feather Wreath DIY:
White Styrofoam Wreath Form
Various Feathers – Pheasant, Peacock, Turkey
Hot Glue Gun & Glue
Ribbon – Choose colors that harmonize with the feathers.
Gold Spray Paint
Steps to Make the Wreath:
- Spray paint the styrofoam wreath form with two coats. Allow to dry in-between each coat.
- Heat glue gun and glue long pheasant feathers around wreath form. Let the top feathers crisscross.
- Glue and layer turkey, peacock, and pheasant feathers in spray on left and right sides at the center bottom of wreath. Leave space in center for bow. Try to make the feather spray on each side feel balanced if not symmetrical.
- Tie bow. Secure bow to wreath with floral wire.
- Hang on front door and voila – a beautiful, festive greeting for guests!
Partying at Between Naps on the Porch…Carolyn’s Homework…
[…] the house with fresh flowers and autumnal decor. Be sure to use a festive wreath at the front door to welcome […]
I love it! I have some turkey feathers you have inspired me to use them besides just in a urn. Thanks.
That’s great Nora! I’m so glad this post inspired you. Turkey feathers will work well.
[…] Autumn Feather Wreath DIY – https://penderandpeony.com/2016/11/autumn-feather-wreath-diy/ […]