Beach Bound: Spring Getaway to Maui
Planning a spring getaway to a warm, sunny clime? Check out my beach bound looks for packing inspiration!
This time next week I’ll be sitting on a sandy beach with the sun in my face staring out at the Pacific ocean. That’s right I’m headed to the beach, but not just any beach…Maui! This will be my first time in Hawaii, and I couldn’t be more excited.
My family and I are going to Maui for my brother’s wedding. They are getting married on the beach, of course, in a morning wedding with brunch afterwards. How sweet is that! I love travelling and I’ve already been planning my next destination. I found some hotels near Mercedes Benz Superdome and I’ve always wanted to visit New Orleans so that might be where I’m heading when I’m back from the wedding! It’s only an idea at the minute though.
Y’all probably won’t be surprised to hear that I am a Type A – Enneagram 1 – planner, so I’ve been busy researching the island and planning our sightseeing excursions for the past couple of weeks. As I do this, I also start considering what to pack. With priority # 1 being relaxing beach time with a good book and fruity cocktail, I’ve got my beach bound looks all figured out.
I love to rock two different looks at the beach: black and white and romantic floral. Here are my top picks for our beach days:
My Beach Bound Packing List
*Post contains affiliate links that help support P&P*
- A wide-brimmed straw hat with a quirky saying – I just love these. They are so whimsical and fun. I’m planning to DIY my own with an old sun hat I already have, but this one is great and this one.
- Striped beach towel – Stripes are always a classic on the beach, and I found this great Turkish cotton towel from Linum Home Textiles on Amazon for only $18!
- A black and white swim dress – I love black and white, it’s just so simple and elegant on the beach. I’ll be packing my black and white swim dress from Gottex purchased a few years back. It is very similar to this one available at Nordstrom.
- Fun beach bag – I’m loving the tassel and pompom accent trend right now! This bag by Mar y Sol is fabulous! It also comes in navy for a more subdued look.
- Nude sunglasses – nude or white sunglasses with a cat eye shape are on point for spring, and this pair from Tory Burch are awesome + they are on sale at Nordstrom Rack for only $69.
- Acrylic Tumbler – Adoring this pineapple print from Lilly Pulitzer this season!
- A Floral swimsuit – This bright, vintage floral print is lovely! Unfortunately, it just sold out, but similar one here and here.
- Pairs of pretty sandals – You can never go wrong with Tory Burch! Adoring these and these.
- The white cover-up – A white cover up goes with both swimsuit styles and can be mixed and matched with anything. Versatility is always key when packing for a trip.
I bet you've got something to say! Comment below!