As the Southern heat lingers celebrate the dog days of summer with this refreshing red sangria!
Sangria is one of my favorite drinks to make, and it is perfect for these last hot days of summer. Sangria is a party favorite, but I also like to make a pitcher for just S. and I to sip throughout the weekend. This summer red sangria is fruity, slightly tart, and oh so refreshing! Cheers Y’all!
Summer Red Sangria Recipe
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 3/4 cup sliced apples
- 1 whole orange peeled and sliced
- 1.5 liter bottle of Barefoot Sweet Red Blend
- 6 oz brandy
- 1 bottle of sparkling water – orange flavor
- juice from half a lemon and half a lime
- sliced lemon and lime for garnish
Prepare the fruit, lemon, and lime. Place in large pitcher. Add the whole bottle of Barefoot wine and then mix in the brandy and lemon and lime juice. Stir well. Add the bottle of sparkling water. Store in refrigerator for an hour to let flavors marry. Remove, stir, and serve!